The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of the Parish of Mudeford has adopted the Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy statement (2017) for children, young people and adults.
In particular we are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
The care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
To enable the Parish of Mudeford to comply with this statement the PCC is committed to complying with Safeguarding policies and procedures of the Diocese of Winchester. In case you have any concerns over a safeguarding issue the following contacts may be helpful to you.
Judy Eden (01202 473003) Safeguarding Officer for the Parish of Mudeford
Churchwardens: Tony Eden (01202 473003)
Maggie Raine (01425 616652)
Priest-in-Charge Revd Andrew Jablonski (01425 240018)
Winchester Diocese Safeguarding Manager: Jackie Rowlands (01962 737317)
The Dorset Local Authority Designated Officer can be contacted on 01305 221122. (With changes in local government in Christchurch this may change)
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222